California Labor and Employment Defense Blog

Online Resources Help with Work Visa Information

We frequently field questions from clients about work permits for their foreign national employees.  It is a complicated area.  Many employers may have a passing familiarity with the standard "green card" Visa, the H1-B Visa program  for highly skilled workers, or the L-1 Visa for employees who are on transfer from one of the employers foreign offices.  But they may be surprised to learn that there are nearly 60 different types of non-resident visas available.  For example, I recently learned that there is a special TN1 Visa for Canadians which was created as part of the NAFTA treaty.  For more information on all of these programs (as well as permits from foreign governments for Americans working abroad), I highly commend the site, which contains a wealth of useful information as well as links to attorneys specializing in this area.

Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Comments (0) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
Van Vleck Turner & Zaller LLP, 6310 South San Vicente, Ste. 430, Los Angeles, California 90048

Phone: 323.592.3505 | Fax: 323.592.3506